When I first started out teaching, I desperately wanted the kids to like me. To this end, I ended up letting my classes get out of control. A handful of things contributed to this:
- Concerning myself with every matter that was brought to my attention
- Allowing kids to mesbehave
- Trying to get the kids to like me
- Yelling at kids
- Arguing with them
So I learned how to get control. If this sounds like something you might have trouble with, I encourage you to check out these articles in this order:
- You Better Smile Before Christmas!
- How Do I Keep My Students Quiet?
- Arguing Is Normal, isn’t It?
- 5 Surefire Tips For Handling Misbehavior
- Make Love not War – How
I recently took my band to the UIL Concert & Sight Reading competition. We worked hard on the music. We worked hard in after school sectionals. We worked hard on passing classes to retain eligibility. The end result was that the band got first division in the Concert portion of the contest, and first division in the Sight Reading portion. That combination is called Sweepstakes.
Putting together a performance like this takes its toll on everyone involved. As a result, I have fallen behind on a number of things in my personal life. The most notable is my housekeeping.Since I conduct the second band, it is made up of mostly 7th graders. This was their first year to ...
Idea stolen from Chris Thomas
Have you ever:
- Changed a personal habit? What was it and how did you accomplish it?
- Lost more than 30 pounds? How did you do it and how did it make you feel?
- Paid off over $10,000 in debt? What steps did you take and how did the process affect your views of borrowing?
- Done something you never thought you could do? What and how?
- Done or said something you regret? What were the circumstances and what did you learn from the process?
On Sunday, we looked back at some of The Loneliest Articles of 2007, today, we’ll go to the other extreme and look at the busiest articles of 2007. These are the articles that generated the most comments. I’ve gone through the articles and found those that received the most comments. After boiling down that list, I have come up with the 15 most commented articles.
- 148th Carnival of Education December 5th, 2007 (9 comments by 9 authors, 4 trackbacks) (13)
- The State of the Blog: 08/01/07 August 1st, 2007 (11 comments by 11 authors) (11)
- 5 Surefire Tips For Handling Misbehavior September 12th, 2007 (8 comments by 7 authors) (7)
- The Purpose Of A Personal Mission Statement July 26th, 2007
Copyright © 2016 | WordPress Theme by MH Themes
Page optimized by WP Minify WordPress Plugin