Posts Tagged ‘Inservice’
I am in my 11th year of teaching now. Where did the time go? One of the top search results that sends people to this blog is “First Year Teacher” so I thought that the beginning of a new school year would be a great time for something like this. I’m sure there are tons of other things that first year teachers should know, but here are a handful of tips.
- Learn from the wisdom of others
- Avoid gossip
- Work diligently
- Leave room for a personal life
- Live on less than you earn
- Students are a reflection of their parents
- Students are a reflection of their teacher
- Persistent problems are usually caused by something you are doing/allowing/omitting/forgetting
- Find a
We now have our Desk and Desktop under control. But how do we keep them under control? Better yet, how do we keep from having too much stuff coming into our lives that we allow to become clutter?
Something that many teachers can’t seem to figure out is how to archive their old emails. Instead, they just leave them all in the inbox. I was at an inservice and the presenter apologized to one of the other teachers because she had been gone for a few days and overlooked the teacher’s email because it got lost in the shuffle. She didn’t get around to it until two weeks later. That’s just plain inexcusable! So how do we avoid …