Posts Tagged ‘Playing Video Games’
Disillusionment is common to most of us involved in the teaching profession. We all deal with it at one point or another. Here’s the general path many of us take:
- You major in education because you want to change the world
- You realize that in order to teach, you need a find a job
- You go through disappointing interview after disappointing interview and are told if you had more experience, you would be perfect for the job
- You get frustrated that the only way to get experience is to get the job they won’t give you because you don’t have experience
- Some school district that was not your first choice offers you a chance…finally
- You take the job because it
No success will come from squandering time. Time is too precious to waste. The summer months and holiday weekend that we are afforded in the education business should not become an excuse to catch up on all the latest greatest movies and pack away the bon bons. Instead, these times seem to be best spent by analyzing where things stand with your current teaching position. What has worked so far this year? What will work better if I start doing it after the break? If it’s summer, how can I start out the school year more prepared than I did last year?
So what will I be doing over spring break?Another good thing to do is catch ...