Recent housekeeping issues
- I have decluttered my sidebar much more
- Moved a lot of stuff to the footer
- I added a graphical link in the “Features” to 25 Tips For Less Stress
- I added a question mark logo thing at the top of each article, which links here
- I added a favicon that should be showing up in the address bar
- I moved all of the Blogroll links to a separate page
- I added links to a few Social Bookmarking sites onto each post
- I added tags and a tag cloud at the top of the site
Many of these things happened last weekend. Just in time…
This has been a crazy week for So You Want To Teach? The blog has been featured two times on ZenHabits, which has resulted in a readership boost of at least 30% to 92 as of Friday morning. As a result of that exposure, a few other sites have picked up on the article and have begun to link to the site as well. This has caused the Technorati authority to go from 30 to 35 in less than three days. Less Stress: Declutter Your Desk has jumped from zero page views when it was posted on Monday to the top of my Fan Favorites list.
I know it’s temporary, but I am using the time to learn more about how users act and react on the site. Using Crazy Egg, I can see where people click, where they don’t click, and that has helped me to refine some of the parts of the site. User feedback is another great way of knowing what works and what doesn’t. So just send me an email or leave a comment and I will be sure to read it soon.
I will make a slight variation in the schedule of Stress Reduction tips this Monday and Tuesday. Instead of posting about Reducing Responsibilities on Monday, I will move that to Tuesday. I figure that since Blog Action Day falls on Monday, I will go ahead and address the environmentally friendly issue of Reducing Paperwork on Monday.