The rules are:
– Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
– Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
– Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
– Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
7 random things about me
- I love the Bible. The Word of God used to not make any sense to me, but I asked God to help me understand it, and He did. I love learning about Him through it. I plan to start up a Bible study up with some friends in the spring of 2008.
- I am a quintessential computer nerd. I was the co-president of the Computer club in high school. I was on a team that went to the Texas Computer Educators Association State Programming Competition. We won 9th place in the state. I knew I was going to be a band director, so I chose not to take the AP Computer Science test. My Comp. Sci. teacher and principal found the money somewhere, paid for me to take it, and I got a 5 (highest score). I didn’t earn a single credit for it.
- I hate debt. My net worth has gone up over $12,000 in the last two years simply as a result of spending less than I make and consciously avoiding and eliminating debt.
- I am a logophile. I love words. I love creating my own words based on other words I know. Being on stage in front of a class for 50 minutes each class, this is a great skill. I use big words in class quite a bit. One of my 6th grade students won the UIL Dictionary Skills competition a few years back. I made very sure that she was aware that I was personally responsible for her winning it. :)
- I love art. As a band director, I get to be creative and expressive so much of the time. It’s great. This creativity spills over into other areas of my life. I began really seriously getting into graphic design in the fall of 2006. I love how far web development has come in the past decade. As I learn more about CSS, I learn about all sorts of cool and creative things I can do. I have already begun redesigning this website to make it more welcoming. To get yourself prepared, get yourself set up with Gravatar.
- One of my favorite things to do is just sit and talk with friends. It all goes back to my love of learning, but when I talk with people, I learn about them. I also enjoy just watching people and seeing how they interact. Try it. Go to the mall, and just sit on a bench for about 10 minutes and watch.
- I love music. I actually like creating it much more than I like listening to it. I enjoy meeting other musicians and learning from them. Again, there’s the silly old love of learning showing itself.
Now I’m supposed to tag 7 other people, so here goes: